1) RAM (RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY)
- Ram is call random access because one can access any memory call which is the basic unit of data storage.
- It is a volatile memory.
- Ram is used for temporary storage of data.
TYPE OF RAM
- EDO RAM
- RD RAM
2) ROM (READ ONLY MEMORY)
- Non-volatile memory.
- Contains PC startup instruction.
- it is chip present on the motherboard.
The following are the set of programs contained in ram.
POST (POWER ON SELL TEST)
The post test computers , processors , memory , chipset , video adapter , disk drives and other hardware.
BIOS (BASIC INPUT/OUTPUT SYSTEM)
The refers to the collection of device drivers used to act.
As a basic interface between the operating system.
TYPE OF ROM
- PROM (PROGRAMMABLE RAM)
- EPROM (ERASABLE PROM)
- EEPROM (ELECRICALLY ERASABLE)